The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Thank you, BRAIN EMBRYOS, for nominating me for this award on December 13, 2018. I apologize for taking so long to respond. I am now beginning to pull myself together after experiencing a crisis and a tragic traumatic event.
What to Do if Nominated for the Liebster Award
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now eight years on it is a little more involved and will continue to evolve as blogging becomes more accessible. If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, or you chose to start a blog post about the Liebster award; you should do the following:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Answer the 5 creative and unique questions given to you.
- Write a small post about what motivates you in life (not just in blogging)
- Nominate 2 – 6 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award
- Create 5 creative and unique questions for your nominees
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.)
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post
BRAIN EMBRYOS is a very eloquent writer who focuses on thought processes, the development of ideas, understanding, concepts, habits, emotions, and behaviour–ways of being. One of the posts that I find interesting is CURIOSITY EMBRYOS.
Creative and Unique Questions Answered
i. If you were a genie and a person asked you this wish, “I wish you would not grant me this wish”, what would you do?
ii. If it were your wish, what would that wish be (i.e. something you want, but know it’s not ideal in the long term)? (N.B. If part ii feels too personal, feel free to skip)
i: I would honor their desire to avoid the wish being granted.
ii. I have no idea what to wish for that would not be ideal in the long term as my desires are very simple.
Do news reporters wear pants behind the news desk? What does it look like behind the desk?
They wear shorts. Behind the desk, hairy legs can be seen.
Where do you draw the line between helping people and showing them how to help themselves? How do you strike that balance?
I try to avoid doing things for others that they can do themselves. I also try to avoid giving unsolicited advice.
Describe the colour yellow to someone who is blind.
Yellow is the color of the scent of butter.
If your life was a movie, what would the title be?
You Can’t Make This Sh!t Up
Do the people in your life bring the best out of you? Do you believe you bring out the best in people in your life? (N.B. If this feels too personal, feel free to skip)
People in my inner circle tend to bring out the best in me. Since I’m a good listener, I tend to be able to bring out deep parts of people who are in my life.
What would you do if you found a penguin in the freezer?
Let him out to keep him from suffocating.
Do you think that what we perceive is reality or just a construct of our minds? Can our minds correctly interpret reality or is reality subjective?
A student asked his teacher, “Master, what is real?” The teacher replied, “That is real which does not change.”
Do you think emotions are necessary for human survival? Why or why not?
Emotions are messages to our conscious mind that something is going on that needs to be addressed.
How would people communicate in a perfect world?
People would communicate with kindness.
If you were a pizza deliveryman how would you benefit from scissors?
I could freak out a person who might try to steal the cash I need to turn in upon my return to the restaurant.
What Motivates Me in Life
I am motivated by the belief that the Universe only allows us to live so long as we’re entertaining. And that, when we die, we just get absorbed back into Source. So, being alive is our only opportunity to be individuals. And, it is important to make the most of your time with loved ones while they’re alive; because, this is the only time that you will experience them as individuals.
Pointless Overthinking is a favorite blog of mine. Bogdan (DM) posts thought provoking daily questions, inspirational content, and interesting essays written by team members. Here is an example from his blog: What gives you joy?
Chickery’sTravels is a blog about life on the road as fulltime travelers. Sean and Julie address all aspects of RV travel including finances, cooking, maintenance, and sightseeing. Here is a post about one of their recent stops: Maverick Ranch (Lajitas, Texas)
dearinternetcats is a great blog that includes interesting topics such as consciousness, health, and life issues. temperate5kat writes in a very entertaining, relatable style. The post “Don’t Call Me Grandpa… really struck a chord with me.
Questions for my nominees
- Which historical person are you related to?
- What song/piece of music would play as your theme on the soundtrack of a movie about your life?
- What time period would have been more appropriate for you to have been born in based on your personality?
- If dog owners resemble their pets, what breed would your dog be?
- What’s the difference between a duck?